Lincoln Federal Savings and Loan established 1926 -1996
Lincoln Federal Savings Bank was incorporated as a state-charted building and loan association on March 1, 1926. The Bank obtained Federal Deposit Insurance and became a member of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati on December 9, 1936. Lincoln County Federal Savings and Loan Association of Stanford’s Directors in 1974 were W.G. Morgan, H.S. Anderson, Joe N. Pettus, J.F. McBee, Jim McCormack, Foster R. Phillips, B.J. Gaines, Minor Teague and Albert Jackson. In 1989 the savings and loan association was converted to a federal mutual savings bank. On June 28, 1994, the Bank converted from mutual to stock form and simultaneously became a wholly-owned subsidiary. The Lincoln Federal Savings and Loan main office operated in Stanford, with branch offices in Stanford and Liberty, Kentucky.
National Bank of Hustonville established 1884-1990
The National Bank of Hustonville was charted in 1884 by the following men, who made up the first Board of Directors: J.W. Watherford, T.J. Robinson, J.D. Riffe, J.D. Carpenter, E.S. Powell, J.P. Flannigan, Dr. Edward Alcorn and T.C. Jasper. The charter officers of the bank were J.W. Weatherford, President, T.J. Robinson, Vice President and J.W. Hocker, Cashier. Initial capital totaled $50,000, with a surplus of $3,500. First Southern’s Hustonville branch building, located on Main Street in Hustonville, was the third main location of The National Bank of Hustonville.